Saturday, 14 May 2016

Not very successful wide pants

Last September I decided that I wanted new pants for my trip in San Francisco. I visualized some comfy jogger pants in print fabric.

Jogger pants outfit (not my photo)

I run to a store and bought a piece of nice rayon, I like to sew and wear rayon in warm season. I didn't know how I cut the fabric but my pants were too short and too narrow at the bottom. And tooooo wide at hips. I used a pattern from old Patrones, issue 305. I made the belt with elastic.


They look not so bad in action and are pretty comfy for biking.


I probably will make them shorter and try to narrow a little bit in the hips area but maybe will just use them for biking to food stores and the library%) I am too lazy usually for remaking and fixing problems in finished garments%)

Should I shorten the pants?

Facts:
  • Fabric: 1.5m of rayon
  • Pattern: Patrones 305
  • Fabric was bought specially to make these pants
  • Notions: thread, wide elastic
  • Time to complete: 6.2 hours
  • First worn: today
  • Wear again: I thinks so. Anyway I can wear them at home%)
  • Total cost: C$15 per fabric, C$2 per tread and ribbon, C$6 per magazine = C$23

Monday, 2 May 2016

Me-Made-May-2016

I miss my little sewing blog! I didn't write here for one year. I sewed all this time, I updated my me-made list but didn't write proper posts.


I participated in Me-Made-May last year (all my outfits are in flickr album). I only finished one garment%(

I hesitated to participated this year or not because I knew that I could wear me-made garment every day, I knew that I need to make more separate tops, some shorts for summer and maybe some active clothes for hiking and cycling. But Me-Made-May is soo much fun! So I couldn't miss it!

'I, Sewing Sveta (sewingsveta.blogspot.com), sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '16. I endeavour to wear me-made or me-refashioned garment each day for the duration of May 2015. Also I will finish 2 new garments and I want to make a proper list of stuff that I need to sew to fill gaps in my wardrobe.'


First day, Drape-Drape t-shirt

Thursday, 30 April 2015

Me-Made-May 2015

May again!!
So nice month because of MMM too! I can wear all my dresses, skirts and make pictures of myself, a lot of fun! Also I would like to see what other participants will wear and post on Flickr or Instagram.

'I, Sewing Sveta (sewingsveta.blogspot.com), sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '15. I endeavour to wear me-made or me-refashioned garment each day for the duration of May 2015. Also I will finish 3 new garments'

me-made-may'14
Let's the fun begin!

Wednesday, 22 April 2015

March Burda Challenge. Simple cowl knit top.

My Burda Challenge is not going very well. I still have some issues in my January garment. February I missed because of my trip but I made March one. This is pretty simple knit top from Burda 03/2013 128.


I didn't read a description careful before cutting so the loose fit was big surprise for me. I imagined fitted top so I took almost 6cm from both sides. Next time I will cut it narrower and also will make narrower back. But this top could be pretty nice in its original version from some drape fabric, even not knit one, maybe only you need to make armholes higher. It could be nice idea for summer.


I made top pretty long and like how I can drape it on the waistline. The top is pretty cute so I think I would make more in different colors. I cut it from remnant bought in Dressew store, they often have nice knit pieces so now I know how to use them.


Facts:
  • Fabric: 0.9m of cotton knit fabric
  • Pattern: Burda 03/2013 128
  • Fabric was bought without any ideas.
  • Notions: thread, twin needle 
  • Time to complete: 3.7 hours. The bias bindings took too long.
  • First worn: one week ago.
  • Wear again: yesterday.
  • Total cost:2C$ per fabric, 1C$ per tread, 2C$ per magazine = 5C$.

Friday, 27 March 2015

Beige sweatshirt

I like to buy remnants at fabric stores, especially when you need to search in big boxes%) This is like hunting for me. So I made my new sweatshirt from such remnants which I bought in Dressew shop last year. I was looking for some pattern with raglan sleeves and found one in La Mia Boutique magazine, 01/2009 (Russian version Шитье и крой, 12/2009)



I saw my sweatshirt with wide hem band and long sleeve bands and with pretty loose fit. Finally I got little bit different sweatshirt. I think I had to cut one size up for more loose look and make bands not so wide, also I like my sweatshirt this way too. It is pretty comfy and goes well with a lot of my wardrobe.

Back view


I used a friend's serger for sewing and this was first time I use this kind of machine. But I like outcome, now I want my own serger too.

Maybe I should make narrow hem band

The neckline was made not perfect, with some puckering on the back because I cut too short stripe for finishing neckline. Hope next one will be much better.  

Not perfect neckline


Facts:
  • Fabric: 0.5m of rib knit, 0.8m of terry cloth
  • Pattern: la mia boutique 01/2009
  • Fabric was bought first because of good price and knit cotton can be used always%)
  • Notions: thread
  • Time to complete: 4
  • First worn: last week
  • Wear again: this week
  • Total cost:  2C$ for fabrics, 2C$ for magazine = 4C$
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...