I bought this knit fabric specially to make a jumper for my blue dress. It was not cheap but I liked a print so much! Also it was wool so I took it.
I was thinking to use this pattern but as usually I hadn't enough fabric%) So I chose a turtleneck from Burda 09/2010.
I cut size 36 without seam allowances because my fabric was pretty stretchy and I wanted fitted garment. I didn't follow Burda instructions - I cut a ease from sleeve's caps and sewed sleeves flat (as I understood it was common for knits to put sleeves flat). For neck I found great post in pictures. I used only overstitching stitch at my machine (I haven't serger), so I will test how this stitch will behave in wearing.
I didn't manage very well with print matching on sleeves and a body because I didn't pay attention that the print had 3 different lines not two%)) But I am Ok with this! I should be more careful with prints in future%)
I like the long sleeves of this turtleneck and pretty loose neck.
Also I made fast hat from remnants%) I draw pattern myself.
- Fabric: 1.15m (width 1.5m) of wool knit, very thin.
- Pattern: Burda magazine 09/2010 121
- Fabric was bought first, to companion to my blue dress
- Notions: thread, twin needle
- Time to complete: I started it in end of March, have finished 14 April. Sewing time - 5.05 hours. 1.40 for preparation, 3.25 - sewing.
- First worn: 20 April for walking and photoshoot
- Wear again: Yes!
- Total cost: 16 euro for fabric (it was pretty expansive but I like print so much! And this is wool!!) + 1.5 euro for thread (magazine was present) = 17.5 euro